Bamako has proved to us that soldiers,at least most of them are genuine patriots, because they don’t waste time, they know what they want, and they get it done fast
I informed you that from November 23rd to December 1st, 2023, most of the ministers of the ASS will be meeting in Bamako, Mali to draft a common economic plan for us all. This is why General Tiani flew to Bamako to meet @GoitaAssimi and in the afternoon he flew straight to Ouagadougou to see @CapitaineIb226.
You see, this is one of the reasons why I love soldiers, the patriots ones of course, because they don’t waste time, they know what they want, and they get it done fast. So, our brave soldiers just killed two birds with one stone, and left the rest to our ministers to deal with the other stuff they know best. This is leadership!
Here are some of the recommendations the ministers came out with after their first session:
- Accelerating the establishment of the legal-institutional architecture and financing mechanisms of the ASS bodies;
- Improving the free movement of people in the ASS area;
- Strengthening the fluidity and security of supply corridors by combating in particular abnormal practices and harassment in the ASS space;
- Acceleration of the implementation of energy, agricultural, hydraulic projects and programs, road, air, rail and river transport networks in the ASS States;
- Creation of an airline common to the ASS States; development of hydro-agricultural developments of common interest in the ASS to boost agricultural production (agricultural basins in particular those of the Sourou River, the Niger Office plain, the Lake Basin
- Construction and strengthening of infrastructure projects (dams, rural tracks, roads, pastoral areas, animal vaccination park);
- Establishment of a common food security system for the three States.
Folks, isn’t this beautiful? Things are happening in our alliance. For more context, Air France 🇫🇷 on August 7th, 2023 suspended their flights to Mali 🇲🇱, and Burkina Faso 🇧🇫, claiming it is due to the coup in Niger, but they didn’t give us even a notice in advance. But the truth is, it is because of Mali and BF joint statement on August 1st, warning that any @ecowas_cedeao military intervention against Niger 🇳🇪 will be a declaration of war to us all. That is the real reason. They thought by so doing, we will be the ones suffering. Big mistake, they were wrong.
So, after 4 days, the French came back and said that they will resume their operations, but Mali 🇲🇱 and Burkina Faso said no, not here, you will not resume on August 11th as you were planning to. They thought they could do as they pleased like under previous corrupt governments. So, since then, we banned Air France 🇫🇷 in the ASS, and they have been losing big time, because, according to the Malian FM, Air France used to make close to $1M per day in Mali alone. So, it is done, Air France is gone for good, and per what I read, they are losing big time, because they make more money in Africa than elsewhere.
Anyway, these French thought they could behave like they are in their backyards as before. That Francophone project is over. Folks, there is indeed strength in unity.