The ex-wife of Zimbabwe’s Vice President Constantino Chiwenga, Marry Mubaiwa, is facing further difficulties as a South African court has ordered the seizure of her Pretoria home and two Land Rover vehicles until her trial for money laundering and fraud in Zimbabwe is concluded.
The seizure was requested by the Zimbabwe Anti-Corruption Commission (ZACC), who is investigating Mubaiwa’s offenses. The property is believed to have been purchased with crime proceeds allegedly acquired by Mubaiwa while she was married to the Vice President.
The High Court in South Africa has prohibited any actions that may involve the property, including removal, possession, control, or interference with it, until the outcome of the forfeiture proceedings, which will be instituted under the Prevention of Organized Crime Act.
The news which read in part states that IN THE HIGH COURT OF SOUTH AFRICA
(GAUTENG LOCAL DIVISION, PRETORIA) with CASE NO: 6435/2022
In the matter between:
MARRY MUBAIWA as 1STAPPLICANT and LA CHELL TRAVEL & TOURS (PTY) LTD as 2ND APPLICANT
NATIONAL DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC PROSECUTIONS as 1ST RESPONDENT and AUCOR PROPERTY (PTY) LTD as 2ND RESPONDENT
NOTICE OF MOTION
BE PLEASED TO TAKE NOTICE that the above named Applicants hereby give notice of intention to make an application to the above Honourable Court on a date and time to be determined by the Registrar of the above Honourable Court on the December 2023 at 10h00 or soon thereafter as Counsel may be heard for orders and relief in terms of Parts A, B and C.
TAKE FURTHER NOTICE THAT: the above named Applicants intend to make an exparte application for an order directed against the 1stand 2nd Respondents only, that:
- That any non-compliance with the Uniform Rules of Court relating to the forms and service, are dispensed with and that the present application be heard ex parte and as one of urgency in terms of Rule 6(12)(a) of the Uniform Rules of Court.
- Directing that Part A of this application be heard ex parte.
- That a rule nisi does hereby issue, calling upon the respondents to show cause, if any to the above Honourable Court on December 2023 at 10h00 or soon thereafter as the matter may be heard, why the order should not be made final.
- Pending the finalisation of Part B and Part Cof this application, the first Respondent and second Respondent be interdicted, restrained and prohibited from proceeding with the sale in execution of immovable and movable property under the below mentioned particulars:
- Erf 191Sterrewag, extension 3, Township, Registration Division, JR Province of Gauteng, under Title Deed T19471/2019, Pretoria; and the sale in execution of:
- A Land Rover Range Rover with registration letters and numbers HW40JN GP Chassis/Vin SALGA2AE2KA523088, engine number 1800502508PS;
- A Land Rover Range Rover with registration letters and numbers HX61SG GP Chassis/Vin SALWA2AK6KA843337, engine number 1285854306DT.
- Pending the finalisation of Part B and Part C of this application, the first Respondent and second Respondent be interdicted, restrained and prohibited from proceeding with the removal, eviction or disturbing the peaceful possession and occupation of the property by any person duly authorised thereto by the 1st Applicant;
Giving step by step details on the court proceedings, the court statement conclude in part;
that the Applicants has appointed SAMALENGE ATTORNEYS, to be their legal representative, of Suite 614, 6th Floor, Centenary Building, 23 Bureau Lane, Church square, Pretoria, with contact numbers 012 753 6804, cell 081 547 9777, at which address they will accept notice and service of all process in these proceedings.