“Labour Party candidate, Alex Otti’s manifesto is an ambitious plan that if effectively implemented, can indeed achieve his vision of “restoring the glory of Abia state and making her truly number one state in Nigeria”. But every residents in Abia has work to do, Get your PVC and make sure you vote Labour Party to make these manifesto a reality” – Njoku SaintJerry A.
By Njoku SaintJerry A. (ED)
What kind of governor will Alex Otti be? What kind of government will he run and what does he promise to do differently from others that he has consistently condemned their failures to address the leadership deficit and development in Abia state.
Alex Otti’s manifesto is an ambitious plan that if effectively implemented, can indeed achieve his vision of “restoring the glory of Abia state and making her truly number one state in Nigeria”. But you the reader and every residents in Abia has work to do, Get your PVC and make sure you vote Labour Party to make these manifesto a reality
In this direct 2 Minutes briefing of entire booklet, I have made the matter as simple as ABC, you will do yourself only one favour, Read, Please Read and stop being deceived by those who do not wish you any better other than the sordid situation you have been subjected to in Abia state
Before you begin to read, take note, Alex Otti has on many platforms made it clear that he wrote the manifesto himself without the assistance of any paid consultant
1. Public declaration of assets. In a show of openness and transparency, Otti has pledged to publicly declare his assets.
2. Service Level Agreement SLA. In a departure from the past where tokenism takes the place of merit, Otti says all his appointees will sign a performance agreement that will be routinely reviewed.
3. Ministry of Aba. The manifesto promises to establish a full fledge ministry to oversee the renewal and development of Aba to match its industrial and commercial status.
4. Digitalise land administration and ensure the completion of land title transfer within five (5) working days. If achieved, this will be a game changer in unlocking private sector investment
5. Incubation of 1000 new SMEs within the Aba industrial corridor annually.
6. Ensure that all roads are constructed with at least five (5) years maintenance clause in its proposal design.
7. Light rail system that starts from Ukwa going through Aba and Umuahia, Bende, Ohafia and terminating at Arochukwu.
8. Establish cluster farming and extend credit to move Agriculture away from subsistence farming.
9. Create marketing boards to offtake products from farmers and guarantee minimum return of investment.
10. Establish a technology institute with the capacity to train 10,000 youths annually.
12. Install broadband internet facilities in all schools in the state.
13. Establish a youth specific Venture Capital Fund of up to 5 billion naira to provide seed capital for Tech startups.
14. Create Abia Health Insurance Scheme to ensure affordable healthcare in a viable and sustainable way.
15. Target the realization of 10 billion naira monthly from internally generated revenue.
16. Bring back a new Aba Textile Mill with the capacity to employ thousands of young people.
1. Dr. Alex Otti’s audacious plans are heavy on details and show a clear understanding of the challenges and the readiness to do more than just what is required.
2. I have to confess that some of the plans are a bit too ambitious for a state that is still deep in the throes of economic and social dilemma.
3. I couldn’t find a mention of how he intends to offset the humongous pension liability. This is curious coming from a known champion of workers and pensioners welfare.